A common way to make nut milk is using a high speed blender to blend up nuts and water together, then strain the blended nut mixture using a nut milk bag and press as hard as you can. An easier way is to put the nut mixture in a PURE press cloth and use the 5000 lbs force from our PURE press to conveniently squeeze the last drop of nut milk out – completely pulp free of course.
Did you know that you can make raw organic nut milk while using your PURE Juicer only?
- 1 cup raw organic almonds – soaked overnight (this step reduces the level of phytates)
- 4 cups cold pure filtered water
- vanilla bean (optional)
- dates or honey (optional)
- Soak almonds for at least 12 hours in pure filtered water. This is an important step as it breaks down the phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors in the almonds.
- Rinse almonds well and toss the water.
- Set up your PURE Juicer with a bowl and a strainer under the feed tube. Place a cloth inside the strainer.
- Use grid #4 on your PURE Juicer
- Insert a few almonds in the feed tube and add a little bit of water to it. Start with just a little as you don’t want to overload the tube.
- The nut water mixture will fall in the cloth and you will see the nut milk starting to collect inside the bowl.
- Once you are done grinding, fold up the cloth with the nut water mixture and place it on your PURE press.
- Keep pressing until you got the last drop of nut milk.
Enjoy your fresh nut milk by itself or add some vanilla or honey to it. Variations are endless!